Friday 30 August 2013

BSB Champion to race Golf

Hill was a multiple winner for Swan Yamaha last season
Photo: Bryant Photography
The 2011 British Superbike Champion Tommy Hill will make his car racing debut at Donington Park in the VW Cup.

The 28-year-old from Kent will make his debut driving a JWB Motorsport VW Golf GTi. Hill will be helping raise awareness of the CJ Riders Fund which provides safety equipment at British Superbike events and supports injured riders. The fund was set up by Lucy Jones who's brother was killed in a British 125cc race in 1990. Lucy is engaged to VW Cup racer Chris Levett.

Hill said I'm really looking forward to it. It’s something different for me and I want to go and enjoy it. Running at the top of my game on bikes week in, week out adds a lot of pressure and a lot of the enjoyment goes out of the sport. I'm keen to give it a good shot. I've never raced a car but have always liked racing karts, which gives me a lot more of an adrenalin buzz than I get from racing a bike - I've been on bikes since I was six and it’s the norm for me. I'm pretty excited about it.”


Written by Joshua Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment