Sunday 23 February 2014

Plant and Bryant join In2 Racing for GT Cup

Plant was a winner in the Morgan Challenge last year
Photo: Michael Barrett
Written by Joshua Barrett

William Plant and Oliver Bryant will join In2 Racing to race in the GT Cup Championship this season behind the wheel of a Porsche 997.

Bryant is a multiple race winner in historic Motorsport but has also raced in British GT where he claimed seven class victories throughout the years. In 2012, he ran with Ecurie Ecosse where he challenged for the GT3 title before injury ended his hunt for the title. Bryant will coach Plant throughout the season and will join him in the 45 minute, two driver races.

Plant is another multiple race winner in historic Motorsport racing Morgan's and a MGB. He said "I'm looking forward to the championship enormously; with a full grid of GT cars the competition is going to be stiff, but with some sufficient testing in the Porsche and with the help of Oliver Bryant and the team In2 Racing; who have vast experience with Porsche's I should be prepared for the season opener at Donington."

He continued "I think the pressure will be fairly great as I believe I may be the youngest driver in the whole field. I'm not expecting to go out and win straight away, however this will be my aim and I am working extremely hard with the team and Olly to make it possible. I know there will be people with far more experience than me, but I'm going to absorb as much information as I can to aim for the championship."

No comments:

Post a Comment