Monday 16 December 2013

Davenport graduates to Supercup

Davenport raced the G40 last season
Photo: Joshua Barrett
United Autosports have confirmed they will be entering the Michelin Ginetta GT Supercup in 2014.

The Ginetta GT Supercup is another new challenge for United Autosports, having already announced their two-car entry into the British Touring Car Championship and their usual slot in the British GT Championship with the Audi R8 LMS ultra. United Autosports are hoping to create a GT ‘feeder team’ with the addition of the GT4 championship in 2014. United have also welcomed former Ginetta Championships Manager, Max Gregory to the team to co-ordinate the feeder GT programme.

The Leeds-based team will be running a Ginetta G55 with driver Luke Davenport, who is no stranger to Ginetta. Luke competed in the Ginetta GT5 Challenge, a support race to the British GT Championship, coming fourth in the championship in 2013, taking multiple podiums and a race win along the way. Luke will be taking a step up to the BTCC-supporting G55 category next year as he aims to progress his racing career.

Davenport said “It is a big privilege for me to be competing with United Autosports next year. They are a team I have aspired to join for a long time and I feel they provide me with the best opportunity to further my learning in the sport. It is great to hear that the Ginetta Supercup looks set to be such a tightly fought championship in 2014. I expect the high calibre of competition to be a great test of my prior experience in the Ginetta Challenge. I would like to thank Henderson Insurance, my family and Frimstone Ltd for their continued support for next year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment